Setting up Social Key Recovery
Social Key Recovery allows you to choose three to five trusted contacts who can help you recover your Vault. Your trusted contact list is stored in Google Drive. Once restored, your contacts can accept recovery requests to help you recover your Vault.
- From the Zion home screen, tap > Social Key Recovery > Set up.
Select an account to back up your trusted contact list, then tap
Note: Each Google Account can only be used for one Vault at a time.
Share invitation and select the app you want to use to send the invitation to your trusted contact.
Note: Your contact will need to install Zion on their phone.
- Once your contact has accepted your request, tap their name to generate a verification code.
- Share the code generated by your phone with your contact to complete registration.
Once your contact enters the code and completes the verification, you'll see a green indicator next to their name.
Checking the status of your trusted contacts
Once you've configured Social Key Recovery, check your contacts from time to time to see if they're still available to help you recover your Vault.
- In Zion, tap > Social Key Recovery.
Check the status of all invited contacts.
You'll see the following:
Green Good Orange Pending Red Problem detected Gray No responseTip: If your trusted contact's copy of your recovery data has been lost or corrupted, you can tap Resend by the contact's name to send another copy of your recovery data.
Changing your trusted contacts
You might need to update your trusted contacts as circumstances require. This might occur if a contact's phone is lost or stolen, there is an error in verification and the contact needs to be re-added, or the contact is no longer able to assist in the recovery process.
- From the Zion home screen, tap > Social Key Recovery.
- Tap > Remove trusted contact.
- Select the contacts you want to remove, then tap Remove.
Tip: You can add back the same contacts later. They will need to repeat the verification process.