EXODUS 1S Support
EXODUS 1S Support Menu
- Most-viewed topics
- What's new with Zion?
- What is Zion on HTC EXODUS?
- Why is the 12-word recovery phrase so important?
- What is Social Key Recovery and why use it?
- What happens to my crypto assets if I lose my HTC EXODUS 1s?
- What kinds of currencies and tokens can I use with Zion Vault?
- How can I get crypto assets?
- What is segwit and why should I use it?
- How long will it take for my transaction to be confirmed?
- Does Zion store my personal information?
- How do I get collectibles in Zion with Opera?
- Why does Nodle request an extra signature?
- What are Zion-protected keys?
- What is DeFi?
- What is the Bitcoin.com Wallet?
- How is HTC EXODUS 1s different from other cryptocurrency hardware wallets?
- Is HTC EXODUS considered a cold wallet?
- What are the security features employed by HTC EXODUS 1s?
- What is the Trusted Execution Environment?
- How is the private key generated and protected on HTC EXODUS 1s?
- Does a full node let me mine bitcoin on my smartphone?
- Can I use my full node microSD card with several devices?
- Where can I find the specifications of the phone?
- Where can I buy the phone and how much is it?
- Is VAT included in the purchase price?
- Do I need to use cryptocurrency to purchase HTC EXODUS 1s?
- Who can I contact for public relations or marketing related inquiries?
- Where can I get the latest information about the product?
- What can I do if I forgot my screen lock password, PIN, or pattern on my phone?
- How do I find or erase my phone with Find My Device?
- What is Smart Lock and how do I use it?
- Why won't my phone lock even when I've already set up a screen lock password?
- Why am I prompted to enter a password to decrypt my phone when I restart or turn it on?
- Why doesn't Google Assistant launch when I say, "OK Google"?
- Why are the apps on my phone crashing and force closing?
- How do I know if I've installed a malicious third-party app on my phone?
- Can I do the same things in Google Photos that I used to do in HTC Gallery?
- How do I set the default SMS app?
- How do I enable developer's options?
- Why can't I play WMA music files in Google Play Music?
- How do I get help on my phone when there's a problem?
- How do I test the audio, display, and other parts of my phone?
- Why is my phone acting sluggish and freezing?
- Why does my phone turn off by itself?
- What should I do if my phone gets too warm or hot?
- How do I restart my phone into Safe mode?
- In the Notifications panel, how do I remove the notification that says a certain app is running in the background?
- HTC EXODUS 1s overview
- Inserting the nano SIM and microSD cards
- Charging the battery
- Switching the power on or off
- Setting up your phone for the first time
- Adding your social networks, email accounts, and more
- Choosing which nano SIM card to use for your data connection
- Choosing which SIM card to use for sending SMS and MMS
- Managing your nano SIM cards with Dual network manager
- Fingerprint scanner
- What you can do with Zion
- Setting up your Vault for the first time
- Setting up Social Key Recovery
- Recovering your Vault
- Sending cryptocurrency or tokens
- Checking transaction history and market information
- Requesting and receiving payments
- Managing collectibles
- Helping a friend set up Social Key Recovery
- Buying and selling cryptocurrency using an exchange
- Setting up a bitcoin full node on HTC EXODUS 1s
- Things to know about full node
- About bitcoin full nodes
- Adding or removing a widget panel
- Changing your main Home screen
- Setting your Home screen wallpaper
- Changing the default font size
- Launch bar
- Adding Home screen widgets
- Adding Home screen shortcuts
- Moving a Home screen item
- Removing a Home screen item
- Grouping apps on the widget panel and launch bar
Calls, Messages, and Contacts
Battery and Storage
- Freeing up storage space
- Types of storage
- Should I use the storage card as removable or internal storage?
- Setting up your storage card as internal storage
- Moving apps and data between the phone storage and storage card
- Moving an app to or from the storage card
- Copying or moving files between the phone storage and storage card
- Copying files between HTC EXODUS 1s and your computer
- Unmounting the storage card
Backup, Transfer, and Reset
Why are the apps on my phone crashing and force closing?
In some instances, an app may force close, crash, frequently freeze or stop responding, or generally not work as the app was designed. This can be caused by many factors, but most app issues can be fixed by updating the software or clearing the app data.
App updates usually contain patches to fix problems identified with the app. Some app updates are delivered through Google Play Store , while others are in device software updates.
Clear app data
Clearing app data will delete all settings, saved information, or other configuration from the app.
Important: Before doing this step, make sure to back up any important information.
- Go to Settings.
Do one of the following:
- Tap Apps & notifications > See all....
- Tap Apps.
- In the app list, find and tap the app that is experiencing the issue.
- Tap Storage > Clear storage.
- Tap OK to confirm.
Update apps from Google Play Store
Make sure all of your apps are up to date, since many app developers will include performance improvements with app updates.
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Tap , and then tap My apps & games. In the Updates tab, available updates for installed apps will be displayed.
- Tap Update all to update all installed apps. To update specific apps, tap the Update button next to the app.
Update your phone's software
If the issue is not being caused by an app, check for updates to your phone's software and if an update is available, download and install it.
- Go to Settings.
, search for
Software updates, and then tap it in the search results.
Note: In certain phone models, you may need to search for System update.
- Tap Check now.
Reinstall an app
If the app was downloaded or updated from the Google Play Store app, reinstalling the app or update may resolve the issue with the app.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Apps & notifications, and then tap See all... to view the app list.
- Select the app that is experiencing the issue.
- Select Uninstall for apps downloaded from the Google Play Store app or Uninstall updates for preinstalled apps. Select OK to confirm the selection.
- Install the app or update again via the Google Play Store app.
Was this information helpful?