Why is the 12-word recovery phrase so important?
Zion Vault generates your 12-word recovery phrase when you create a new Vault. Your recovery phrase is unique to you, and is used to generate the public and private keys for all your crypto assets. It is not a password. You should not share it or carry it with you, as someone with your recovery phrase could access your vault. It's important to write it down—by hand—and keep it in a safe, offline place so that it can't be easily hacked, stolen, or duplicated.
The 12-word recovery phrase is one of two ways to recover your Vault. The other way is Social Key Recovery, an optional recovery method that must be enabled before use. For details see What is Social Key Recovery and why use it?.
What is Social Key Recovery and why use it?
What happens to my crypto assets if I lose my HTC EXODUS?
What should I do if my HTC EXODUS is lost or stolen?
- Use Find My Device to remotely erase your phone.
- Use your 12-word recovery phrase or Social Key Recovery to recover Zion Vault on your new phone.
How do I find or erase my phone with Find My Device?
- The remote locate, lock, and erase features are enabled in
Or in earlier Android versions, Find My Device is enabled in .
- Your lost or stolen phone is still connected to the Internet, logged in to your Google Account, and has location services turned on.
To use Find My Device:
Using your computer web browser, go to
www.google.com/android/find, and sign in to the same
Google Account you used on your phone.
Find My Device will show you details of your phone's location when detected.
Do any of the following:
- Click Play sound to make your phone ring in case you've only misplaced it.
- If this is your first time using Find My Device, click Set up secure & erase to set up remote lock and erase actions for your phone.
- Click Secure device to lock your phone and sign out of your Google Account.
Erase device if you want to erase everything from your phone.
Note: Remotely erasing your phone will perform a factory reset to remove all data on your phone storage, including apps, app data, and settings. Some data—including personal information—may not be permanently erased. You won't be able to remotely access your phone after you do this.
What kinds of currencies and tokens can I use with Zion Vault?
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ether (ETH)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Stellar (XLM)
- Stellar assets
- Selected ERC-20, ERC-721, BEP2 tokens
- Binance coin (BNB)
Note: BNB is supported on both ERC-20 and BEP2 blockchain networks
- ERC-20 BNB is labeled BNB
- BEP2 BNB is labeled BNB(BEP2)
Other crypto assets may be available through partner apps and platforms you use with Zion.
HTC is working on expanding coin and token support. You can suggest your favorite coins to the team on the Telegram channel.
How can I get crypto assets?
- Through direct transfers. Use the Receive function to receive transfers of cryptocurrency, ERC-20 tokens, or collectibles.
- Through exchanges in Zion.
- Through other apps and services you authorize to use
Tip: Zion works as an integrated hardware wallet for the Opera DApp store. You can use the Opera DApp store to make transactions and manage collectibles, which can be stored on the blockchain with your Zion Vault. See How do I get collectibles in Zion with Opera?.
What is segwit and why should I use it?
Segwit uses different addresses from legacy bitcoin, and some third-party wallets or services may not support segwit addresses. Zion supports both segwit and legacy addresses within the same wallet, and you can switch between them at anytime.
How long will it take for my transaction to be confirmed?
Zion allows you to set transaction priories by increasing the transaction fee. Higher fees may increase the priority your transaction receives on the blockchain network.
Does Zion store my personal information?
How do I get collectibles in Zion with Opera?
Why does Nodle request an extra signature?
- From the Nodle app, follow the steps for first time setup. You will need to share your public key with Nodle.
- When prompted to add NODL coin to Zion, tap Proceed. You will see a Signature request from Zion Trusted UI.
- Make sure the Purpose is listed as Change trust, then enter your passcode and tap Sign. NODL will now be available in Zion.
What are Zion-protected keys?
Zion-protected keys will still be protected by the Trusted UI and Trusted Execution Environment. However, their use and recovery must be done from the other app, not from the Zion app. Zion-protected keys also do not support Social Key Recovery, so make sure to keep your 12-word recovery phrases in a safe place.
Does a full node let me mine bitcoin on my smartphone?
What is DeFi?
Neither HTC nor Zion handle any of your crypto, and are not party to any transactions your make. Whatever arrangements you make with third-party DeFi platforms are between you and them. Zion provides you a way to link your Vault with these platforms while still protecting your private keys—avoiding extra transaction fees and steps normally associated with hardware cold wallets.